Welcome to my website. I hope you will find it informative and helpful.
SOME PSYCHOTHERAPY FACTS:
- Throughout over thirty years of practicing psychotherapy, I have been and continue to be committed to helping people change and grow in order to experience all the happiness and satisfaction their lives have to offer.
- People seek counseling/therapy for a variety of reasons, but always because they are dealing with a problem or problems which interfere with living their lives in as positive and productive a manner as possible.
- The idea, once the norm, that therapy carries a stigma, has long since given way to the understanding that emotional and psychological growth are of enormous value to every person and well worth striving for.
- In therapy, obstacles are identified, as well as the thinking, emotional and behavioral patterns which affect us and are sometimes out of our conscious awareness.
- This basically means that what we don’t know can hurt us! As we learn and become more aware, our ability to understand ourselves allows us to make new and different choices about how we live our lives and our relationships.
- During my many years of practice, I have often heard people say they believe that needing help is a sign of weakness. On the contrary, having the courage to face problems and to then seek help for them requires strength, as well as courage.
- Oftentimes, when people have tried everything they know to do without achieving the desired results, they feel hopeless. There is no reason to give up hope-I’ve worked with people in their eighties who have been motivated to make changes and have done so. That’s certainly a message for the rest of us!
- If you are in the Dallas/Plano, Texas area needing help with issues such as sexuality, depression, anxiety and relationship/family problems, I am here to help and hope you will contact me.